Cheesy Bacon Jam Sausage Rolls
Who doesn't love a warm sausage roll? Why not try making your next batch with cheese and bacon jam?
Prep: 15 - 20 min
Cook: 30 min
Eat time: 2 minutes!
Makes 40 small sausage rolls
- 400g mince (beef or pork or both!)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot grated
- 1 cup (65g) fresh breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Salt & pepper
- 3 sheets frozen puff pastry -semi thawed
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- ¾ cup of grated/chunks of cheese
- 1/3 cup of bacon jam or bacon
Tomato sauce or more bacon jam to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Mix minces, onion, garlic, carrot, breadcrumbs and parsley.
- Beat 1 egg and add to mince mixture. Add nutmeg and seasoning.
- Divide into 6 equal portions.
- Cut pastry sheets in half. Place a mince portion down the centre of pastry. Put bacon jam or bacon on top of mince portion.
- Sprinkle some grated cheese on top of mince. Beat remaining egg and brush edges.
- Roll up to enclose filling, and cut into 6-8 pieces (depending how big you want your sausage rolls). - Place on trays, seam side down. Brush with egg. Bake for 20 mins, reduce heat to 180°C, and cook for 10 minutes until golden.
Serve with tomato sauce or more bacon jam!
Download the recipe here